Private Label suppliers should not miss out on in-market research
The Covid pandemic has severely restricted the ability to travel resulting in important consequences for Private Label suppliers.
Although market data remains available from the main providers, the crucial in-field research of new products, new initiatives and pricing has almost dried up due to the lack of ability to travel.
It is vital to keep abreast of developments in the markets in which Private Label suppliers export to. They need this to retain their understanding of their customers’ needs.
Most markets in Europe are characterised by fierce competition and constant change. Private label suppliers are expected to be on top of the latest developments and to pro-actively support their retail customers with insight and recommendations. Plus being able to put the market date into context.
With a local presence by means of a network of 10 offices in Europe and Russia, IPLC can provide fast and professional support. Our consultants are highly experienced in gathering information essential for the right strategy and decision making.
IPLC can currently provide the following support:
- Retail structure, including market shares
- Category analysis: an overview of all brands and private labels on offer
- Product quality, pack size, price, number of facings and positioning
- Manufacturer behind the private label product can quite often be identified
- Private label market share by category and product
- Photos of products, or samples purchased and shipped
The research described above can also be of great value to manufacturers looking for a new export market.
If you would like to learn more about our approach and its potential, please contact us. Alternatively, the IPLC partner in the relevant country can be contacted directly.